Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello, Mo Jo

Happy Friday girls…hope you are winding down (or winding up?) for a fun weekend!  We don’t have much planned around here…a little dove hunt…a visit with family…pretty low key ‘round these parts.

I have been in a great mood lately because I can tell that my running mo jo is BACK in full force.

I’m not sure what it is that has gotten me back in the groove…but I’m glad it’s back.  I feel so much better when I’m in a regular running and exercising routine and can work up a good sweat about four times a week. 

For the past few weeks, I’ve been in this routine:

  • Sunday: Rest
  • Monday: Short run
  • Tuesday: Rest
  • Wednesday: Cross Train (45 minutes to an hour)
  • Thursday: Medium Run
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday:  Long Run

See…nothin’ fancy…not rocket science…just a good ole fashion one-hour-a-day-four-days-a-week type of thing.  I also have a few races lined up this fall, leading up to the St. Jude Half Marathon on December 3. 

To be honest, I don’t know where my mo jo was this summer, or why it was gone for so long.  But I’m glad to have it back, that’s for sure!

I know Tom is glad too….I’m much easier to live with when I’m not having a pity party over my too-tight jeans all the time.  And typically, when I’m mo-jo-less, I will set my alarm before going to bed, with the good intentions of working out in the morning.  Then, overnight, my mo jo does not return and I hit the snooze button.  Three times Twice.  At 5:45 am.  And eventually turn off the alarm altogether and go back to sleep.

Tom does not appreciate this.

It leads to him waking up, only to hear me slam the alarm, roll over, and continue snoring.  This annoys him, understandably so, because while he does not being woken up in order for me to actually get up to run, he DOES mind being woken up alarm in order for me to go straight back to sleep.

Can’t say I blame him.

So welcome back, mo jo. Nice to see you again.

I wanted to send a shout-out to all my girls in Nashville on this lovely Friday.  A few weeks ago, all my sweet friends made the trek from Music City to our Delta City, just to visit little ‘ole me.  IMG_3720 In usual bad-blogger-Laura fashion, I didn’t take nearly enough pictures.

IMG_3722 I just get to gabbing and carrying on and quite honestly forget!  Terrible, I know.IMG_3723 All of these pictures are from our gossip dinner fest on Friday night.

IMG_3725 I made dinner at the house and we sat around the table for hours catching up and laughing at each other!

IMG_3726 Please:  A moment of silence to pay respect to the ridiculousness that is this picture, above.  Kathleen.  I love you.

IMG_3728 On Saturday, we recuperated pool-side, and ended the day with dinner at Cafe Marie in Tunica!

IMG_3731 The girls were all sweet enough to accompany Tom and I to church on Sunday before it was time for them to head back to The Big City.

IMG_3732 I think they loved their time in the country, and I know I certainly enjoyed having them!

IMG_3733 I wish I had taken detailed notes about the stories that were told around this table….

IMG_3736

Tom loved seeing all the girls, too…even though I kicked him out of the house for the weekend to his parents’, so us girls could maximize the feeling of being in the sorority house together again!    

IMG_3740 IMG_3742 IMG_3744 IMG_3745

Thank you, my sweet friends, for traveling the distance to see me!  It warmed my heart and renewed my spirit like you’ll never know.  I love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment