Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween and other Phenomena

Hey Guys!

Can you believe it’s November already?  I need to start my Christmas shopping, but I’m in deep denial and putting it off instead.  :)

How was your Halloween?  We had fun, as usual.  Like any other special occasion Tunica puts on a pretty good party for Halloween!  We went over to our old friend’s house, just like last year.  So that Tom could participate in some Halloween ‘tricks.’

Look closely at the picture below…do you see anything usual lurking in the bushes?IMG_4363 How about now?  Anything to beware of in the these innocent looking bushes?IMG_4364If you answered no to those questions you would have been severely TRICKED on Halloween night over on the corner of School Street and Magnolia Avenue.IMG_4364 - Copy  Per tradition, Tom dressed up in his turkey-hunting guilly suit and hid out in the bushes while unsuspecting goblins and goblettes came skipping up the front porch.IMG_4366But don’t worry…he didn’t jump out and grab the little ones, Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-Style.  He just sat quietly and made a little ‘squeaking’ noise with a Cow Elk Call (another gadget used for hunting elk) while they ran up to get their candy.

Kind of like a little ‘warning’ call.IMG_4365   Then, on their way back out to the sidewalk, he would pop his head out and startle them a little.IMG_4368 IMG_4369 The majority of the kids love it!IMG_4375 We did have a couple of criers, but I followed up with parents and was assured that they aren’t scarred for life.IMG_4376 It was a fun night in our little town complete with lots of candy and hay rides!IMG_4377 After the crowds thinned out, the Guilly Monster came out of hiding.  Andi Kate got a big kick at ‘Uncle Tom’ in this silly costume.IMG_4381Her little sister kept pointing at Tom and saying, “Scay-wee.  Scay-wee.” And Andi Kate would just say, “Oh Leland, it’s only Uncle Tom!!!'” IMG_4382 It was all in good fun.  :)IMG_4383 In other news…

I wanted to share something with y’all that has deeply effected my life and changed it for the better. 

Enter:  The Sock Bun. IMG_4391Have you all discovered the Sock Bun?  I cannot believe I lived 29 full years before discovering it.  There are many mornings when I hit the ‘ole snooze button one too many times, only to wake up with no time for hair-fixing, or hair-washing for that matter.

I found a video via Pinterest that changed my dirty-hair-mornings forever!IMG_4386 Kinda cute, right?  It’s so easy and looks great if you get it right.  Which you can, it’s totally easy.  This morning I rolled out of bed, put up the untamable, unwashed hair in the ‘ole Sock Bun, threw on a sparkly SweatyBand, and I was good to go!

The result is a full, round, perfect bun.  On your head.  Let’s make no mistakes there.  heh heh. IMG_4390Every single time I wear my hair like this, I get compliments and people ask ‘how’d you get your bun so perfect?’IMG_4391Plus, it kinds makes me feel like a ballerina.  Just a little.  :)IMG_4386Here is the video of a great sock bun tutorial.  Hope you long-haired gals give it a try and love it as much as I do!            

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment