Thursday, October 27, 2011

God’s Gift…

 

…to the calendar.

October 25, 1982, my friends. 

That’s right.

THE DAY OF MY BIRTH.

Good times.

So on Tuesday I turned the big 2-9.  It was a good day, nothing too wild and crazy.  I got up early and went on a 6 miler with Abby and Bex.  I don’t know if was because it was my birthday but it felt absolutely wonderful!  The first half was super slow, but I sped up a little for the second half and finished around a 11 minute mile.IMG_4353 Great way to start your birthday if you ask me! 

Also, this weekend Tom and I went to Nashville (more about that later in this post) and made a pit stop at Trader Joe’s on our way out of town.  I was on the hunt for some awesome coffee that Katie had mentioned, but found out they were out UNTIL NEXT YEAR.  Wop-wop.

So I bought some Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle mix instead.IMG_4356 This stuff will seriously make you get out of bed in the morning.  It is sooooo good and easy to make.  Of course, I’ve always been a really bad pancake-maker (as evident by the well-done ‘cakes in the picture below) but even I had an easy time with these.

So after my run I had the Withers Pancake House Blue Plate Special and headed off to work!IMG_4357 In our office, we get everyone a little $10 gift for their birthday.  My co-worker Adrienne knows and shares my affinity for lip gloss and bought me this awesome sampler set from Sephora.  bday2 In addition to 2 Diet Cokes and a Golden Retriever puppy card, this was the perfect birthday gift for me!

When I got home, my mom had sent me this adorable bouquet of flowers!  I love the candy corn vase filler…very ‘me,’ don’t you think?bday3 As you might remember from last year, it’s a Withers Gone Wild birthday tradition for the birthday boy or girl to get a steak dinner, birthday cake and ice cream, and a $100 bill on their birthday.   Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  I bought myself a new pair of running shoes with my hundy.

Tom also gave me this gorgeous McCarty plate that I have been eyeing for some time!!!  The swirl down the middle is supposed to represent the Mississippi River, since the artist is from Mississippi. I love it, and can’t wait to put it up on the shelves after the holiday decorations come down.IMG_4354 So after work we headed over to my in-laws for some birthday fun with the fam.  Lilly wanted to help me blow out the candles.IMG_4338 When Mamie (my MIL…her grandmother name is Mamie, her real name is Lilibeth) set the cake down in front of us Lilly shrieked, “IT’S PIIIIIINK!!!!”  she was shaking, she was so excited.  So cute.

IMG_4340 And of course she helped me blow out the candles too. 

IMG_4344 After dinner she wanted to ‘do hair.’  This is her new thing…doing hair.  Doing hair is basically her tugging and brushing and petting your hair like a dog and occasionally tapping you on the shoulder to point her finger at you and say, “I not done yet!”IMG_4347 After I got my hair done, my father in law said, “Lilly what about me, will do my hair next?”

Lilly gave a sheepish grin and giggled to herself and said, “No, Boo.  Your hair all gone.”

IMG_4349 We all had a good laugh about that.  Boo just shook his head and said, “I guess I walked right in to that one!”IMG_4351 It was a fun night, and I am just so thankful that Tom’s family is so sweet and wonderful.  We have a fun time together, and his parents always treat me like one of their own.  Such great in-laws!

Over the weekend prior to my birthday, Tom and I went to Nashville to meet my dad and Louise for some birthday and football fun.DSCN0135 We spent the night in a downtown hotel and walked across the pedestrian bridge to the Titans game on Sunday.  It was a gorgeous day and great football weather!  I loved walking across the bridge because when I was living in Nashville I used to go for runs across that bridge when I was training for my first half…the Music City.  Ahhhh, memories!DSCN0136 It was a really fun day and my dad swung us some awesome seats at Club Level.  Sadly, the Titans missed the memo that they needed to play some football that day so we left at the beginning of the fourth quarter.  It think the final score ended up being like 47-7 or something terrible like that!DSCN0137 Win or lose, we still had a fun quick little trip!

So that was my birthday celebration this year.  Good thing I was born exactly 29 years ago, otherwise yall wouldn’t have this blog to make your life complete!  :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment