Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tunica: Bex Best

This weekend was a great one, only to end with even GREATER weather! How 'bout this little cold spert we're having, huh? It is so great, and so wonderful to run in. This is the type of weather that will get you out of bed in the morning! This morning Bex and I ran our usual early-week 4-miler and when we started at 6am it was only 49 DEGREES. 49. Seriously. So aweome...49 degrees in Mississippi in September! Woot! It was an easy run this morning, and we barely broke a sweat. So anyway the weekend was awesome for a variety of reasons. The A#1 reason being that my mommy was in town! I loved having Helen Frazier here to rest and relax for a great three-day weekend. Secondly, she bought me a new pink running outfit for my birthday (not until October 25th, but I won't see her between now and then!). It is too cute....pink Nike shirt with pink & black matching shorts. Since we see SO MANY PEOPLE on our runs in Tunica and on the farm, it is a necessity that I look good, you know. I love these Nike running shorts...they are so comfortable and cute, too! I have gotten a few pairs of knock-offs at Target but the real thing is worth a few extra dollars. I swear you can tell a difference.

(my shorts are just like this only black not white....black clothes good. white clothes bad.)And now for the most exciting part of the weekend.....


So Bex and I had planned for an 8-mile run on Saturday morning. We decided to do our regular 4-mile loop, break for water, and then do the loop again. Quite a feat, but we were up for the challenge. So for the first half we didnt wear our iPods, just talked the whole time to pass the time. After a short water break at my house, we picked up our iPods for the second half. Then we did the route in reverse, just to mix it up a bit. It was surprisingly easy for both of us, AND....get this....the 8 mile distance is Bex' personal BEST! 8 miles is the farthest she's ever run and I got to be right beside her for it! Not surprisingly, she did GREAT and is the Ultimate Athlete Road Warrior. We finished the 8 miles in one hour and 44 minutes. This is about a 13 minute mile which is exactly what I ran the 1/2 marathon in two years ago. I am very happy with this time because it keeps my heart rate up, I burn a ton of calories, and I don't tire out too early.

Congrats, Bex, get ready for a hefty 9 miles next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment