Friday, October 30, 2009

Nashville: Great Week!

I’m glad my Tunica partner in crime did not post a long, witty blog entry because I’m with her on lacking the creative juices this week. Sorry to disappoint – but it just ain’t there folks. However, I do want to give props to the cheesy motivational poster in the Banana Republic break room because it is still helping me get out on the road! (See blog entry from 10/21)

This past Saturday I actually ran by myself….are you reading this trusty sidekick who was catching some Zzz’s while I was running up a sweat??? I hope you are and I hope you are ready for our 3-miler tomorrow, no snooze button action on All Hallows Eve morn! Back to the story. So I got up that Saturday instead of sleeping the extra hour before work (can I get two-snaps in a Z formation for that one?) and made a loop around my neighborhood. Team TMOB fans, I’m gonna go ahead and let you know it was one of my best runs! Even though there were hills and the occasional car I had to make sure I didn’t run into – two items I do not have to worry about while running at Bicentennial Park – I really enjoyed it! I sort of just made up my route as I went and ended up running about 2.2 miles, then walking about .5 mile back home. It was one of those runs where you feel like a million bucks afterward. I ran longer than I intended to and the walk back took up more time than I would have liked, but I was happy to get out there and do it on my own!

My only regret is that I did not get up earlier so that I had enough time to make it to Noshville for their French Toast before I had to go to work. Trust me folks, once you have a bite of this Kosher eggy-bread with sugar and syrup you will be under its spell! (Okay, maybe eggy bread isn’t the best way to describe it, but as I did mention, it’s Kosher – it answers to a higher power, so you know its gotsta be good!) Hmmmm.....even though I'm Methodist, I wonder if I'm looked down upon when I order because I of course have to order a side of bacon with it. Yum! Yum!

Ben, Sadie and I did get up early on Tuesday morning and we had another great run! Probably our best time and I did not have to stop once (another round of applause please and thank you). I would like to share that through the course of this training I have learned that I should not try to keep up our pace dog and Benjamin Jeffrey. As I have stated before, four legs make you faster than two and Ben “high-school football drills” Lambert is obviously in better shape. So I turn on my iTunes, get a comfortable pace and rock it out in my tortoise pace. Now for everyone’s attention, let me just point out what a sweet boyfriend Ben is: we are at the park before the sun comes up, so even though Ben runs ahead of me, he stops and waits for me in the parts that aren’t well lit since you never know what could happen…sigh…what a doll – his momma raised him right, I tell ya! I also have Sadie who doubles as a pace leader and watchdog. She constantly looks back to make sure I am still tagging along and if she gets too far ahead, she’ll turn around and start running towards me. All in all folks, I definitely feel safe during the wee hours of the day at the park. We’ll just have to wait and see how successful our 3-mile run is tomorrow morning. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment