Thursday, January 14, 2010

Awwwww...yall love me

Y'all are too sweet...I've gotten many comments, facebook messages, emails, phone calls with encouraging words about the half-marathon. Thanks so much for your support, I had fun doing it and hope you had fun reading and hearing about it.
First thing's first....I have reconnected with an old friend, Lauren, from college. I have not seen her since we lived together in the sorority house at Alabama but we have begun chatting through our blogs, and she gave me this sweet Lemonade Stand award!!!

Here are the deets on this lovely little blog recognition:
  1. Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
  3. Link the nominees within your post.
  4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award

So I am passing this award on to some other blogs I enjoy following:

Thanks Lauren (and Dixon, too!)!!! :)

So a few of you have written to me with questions about he details of the Triathlon. Well, I know in my last post I said we were doing the Memphis in May Tri, but since then we have had some scheduling conflicts come up...we are trying to work around each others' work/husband/baby/family/friends/summer vacation schedules. So Bex and I are working to find a Triathlon in the area in late Spring/Summer. It is our desire to do an olympic distance tri (see below for distances) because we already have the running down pat, and think with a few more months of training, we can handle an event that will take us 3-3:15 hours. Right now we are just committing to getting back into the groove of working out 3-4 times a week, and slowly easing ourselves into some swimming and biking. Once we pick our tri, we will come up with a firm training schedule. Right now we just need to focus on keeping our momemtum after the half-marathon, and staying strong and healthy! Bathing suit season is right around the corner, after all!

The typical 'sprint' triathlon is:

  • .25 mile swim
  • 12-mile bike
  • 3 mile run

The typical 'olympic' triathlon is:

  • .95 mile swim
  • 25 mile bike
  • 6 mile run

RUN, SWIM, BIKE IT! THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE IT!

Weight Watchers Update: We weighed in yesterday and I have lost another 2.5 pounds! I was thrilled! I was a little nervous because even with the half-marathon, I had eaten so terribly afterwards. So I have lost a total of 6 pounds in three weeks. I am pleased with this because slow and steady weigh-loss means it'll stay off longer. Current weight is 165. I can't wait to get down in the 150's because I seriously have not been that small since like my freshman year of college which was almost TEN YEARS AGO!!! Sheesh....

I wanted to give WW a little plug here...I have loved it so much for a variety of reasons (no, Weight Watchers is not paying me for this plug...I wish they were but I am just doing this out of the goodness of my heart). The first two days were hard and I felt like I was hungry all the time, but now I have days where I struggle to actually eat all of my points! If you are reading this, and have wanted to try a weight-loss system but do not know where to start, I highly recommend this plan. I have tried since high school to get down to a desireable/healthy weight and this is the only thing that has worked for me. Not that I need to lose a grand amount of weight, just those pesky 20 pounds I put on while in college that have seemed to set up camp around my waistline and refuse to go anywhere. I love WW because you are forced to be conscience about what you eat, and by going to the meetings you have a great support system, and others cheering you on. I look forward to every Wednesday when I can see my fellow Weight Watchers and swap secrets, share success stories, etc.

When I started, part of me thought, 'But how will I cook for Tom? He's not going to like any of this Weight Watchers stuff.' Um, no. He will eat what you cook. Don't let your husband be an excuse for you. You are not a short-order cook. He can get over it. And Tom actually DOES like a lot of the WW recipes. We had fish tacos last night for dinner and he LOVED them. (omg...as I type this Hoda & Kathie Lee are interviewing a woman who lost 150 pounds on ww....love it. omg...here's her husband! He lost 100 pounds! NIICE.)

So if any of yall have resolved to !Get Thin In 2010!, Weight Watchers is the way to go. I am an open book if anyone has any questions or concerns about starting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment