Thursday, January 7, 2010

Somthing to think on....

Something(s) to think on during the Race on Saturday....(not necessarily in this order)
  1. My massage! Whoopee!
  2. Wonder how many Weight Watchers points the cheeseburger/french fries/beers I'm going to eat post-run are? 30? 50? Too many....but so worth it.
  3. I need to go to the tanning bed to get sprayed....when will I make time for that?
  4. My sisters!
  5. My mom!
  6. My husband!
  7. Pray over my whole family as I run.
  8. Pray, "Dear God, I am trying real hard to take care of this body you've given me, please give me speed and strength to hobble across this finish line."
  9. Wonder what Reba and Dolly (my four-legged children) are doing right now? Hope they're huddled up in their doggie house...it's cold out!
  10. Wonder what the Biggest Loser contestants are doing right now? Probably somthing harder than this.
  11. I have a hair appointment next Saturday....to change or not to change?....that is the hair question.
  12. I have a charity ball to go to next Saturday....what to wear, what to wear.
  13. When will my Victorias Secret order come in? Don't get too excited...just flannel pjs and some granny panties.
  14. So looking forward to our Sunday school class and studying the Song of Solomon tomorrow.
  15. So looking forward to a NAP after Sunday school tomorrow.
  16. I wonder if that pesky toe nail is still attached? It hurts.
  17. What should I make for dinner this week? Time to try some new recipes. Need to go to the grocery store. Need to make a list.
  18. What would my dream job be? Not the one I have, that's for sure.
  19. Why not go out and try to get my dream job? Maybe I will tackle that next.
  20. What will I blog about after this race? I need a new fitness challenge....

Stayed tuned next week to find out just what that new challenge might be! I think you're gonna like it!

Also, since it's sooooo cold out, I thought I'd share an awesome Weight Watchers recipe I got from my friend Elizabeth. It makes a TON and is embarrassingly easy. Make a batch and eat on it for a week!

Taco Soup....1 cup=4points....5 saltines=1point....top soup with 1T of sour cream=1point

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound extra-lean ground beef, ground turkey, or ground venison
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can whole kernal yellow corn
  • 1 can chili beans (HOT is the best!)
  • 1 can RoTel
  • 1 pack Taco seasoning (get the lowest sodium available)
  • 1 pack dry Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 1/2 cups of water

Directions:

Brown ground meat in skillet and drain the fat. Meanwhile, warm remaining ingredients in a large pot on the stove. Once meat is done, add to the pot. Cover and let simmer about 30-60 minutes. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment