Sunday, December 12, 2010

The BEARD: Before & After

Hey Girls!

I'm sorry I abondoned you on the last day of 'Before & After' week on the blog. I was out of commission towards the end of the week and just couldn't make it happen.

The last installment of B&A is gonna be kinda lame to some of you, but it's my favorite one because it focuses on one of my most favorite subjects.

So today, a few days late, I bring you.....

The BEARD: Before (during) & After!

As I have mentioned before, Tom grows a beard every hunting season. During this time (October 1 to Superbowl Sunday) he does not shave his face, nor does he cut his hair. He has crazy-thick, laborador-retriever-like hair, so it gets kind of crazy-looking.

But for some reason, I dig it. It's something I can't explain. Like a moth to a flame, I'm just drawn to the wild, outdoorsman hair, and the very manly beard as well. Let's be honest....it takes a real man to grow a beard like this one (well, I shouldn't say that...if your man can't grow a beard like this one, he is still a real man in your eyes....I'm sure he has other redeeming qualities like he's probably good at golf or something...you know what I mean)

So here are the before's.....

July 2010: Precious round-cheeked baby face





And here we are about two weeks in to the beard-growing process. This year, much to my angst, we began Beard Season on September 1, instead of October 1. Four added weeks of hairiness.
Scruff + Fireman T-shirt = Sexiness
LURVE!
And tonight I bring you......
13 WEEKS into BEARD SEASON:
Crazy, Mountain-Man, Grizzly-Adams, Brawny-Paper-Towel-Man, Zac-Brown-Band BEARD!
It is intense, to say the least.
And we still have another 7 weeks to go!
The other night, we were laying in bed, all suggly and spooning and ready to go to sleep....and Tom gets all irritated and says to me, "Um, could you move or something?"
To which I say, "Why, are you not comfortable?"
He says, "Your HAIR is in my FACE." as if I'm totally offending him my having hair on my head.
and I say, "Really, TEEN WOLF?!?! MY hair is in YOUR face?!?!?! How can you even tell it's my hair? You have a small animal growing on your face!"
And we spent the evening on our own cold sides of the bed. The beard has it's ups and downs...what can I say.
Oh! And I had to include this one pic of me, taken the same night as the pictures above...on our way to a Christmas party.
Just wanted to say hi!
Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment