Monday, June 20, 2011

Fast Friends & Family Weekend

Hi Friends!

Hope you are having a wonderful start to your week.

My weekend went by so fast that it didn't even feel like a weekend! We had a fun-filled weekend with lots of family and lots and lots and lots of friends!

Friday night I picked Lilly up from her flower girl rehearsal at the church. A very special family in Tunica, the Gannaway's, were having a big 'ole Delta wedding shin-dig for their oldest daughter, Rebekah. The Gannaways are special to our family because while their girls were growing up, Sara Whit and Myra baby sat for them and were basically a part of their family!

Rebekah's parents, Jeff and Sandy, threw a party for Tom and I when we got married, and they are just a very special and generous family. We just love 'em!

So anyway, Lilly was the flower girl in this wedding also (as you might remember her
first flower girl experience) so I got to be there to help prepare for the big day. The rehearsal went as well as can be expected...two two-year-olds running up and down the aisle of the church screaming and pulling each other's hair. But we just threw our hands up and said, "Well, I hope it goes well tomorrow!"

Lilly and Lala at the church:

Here are the bride and groom leaving the rehearsal! Such a gorgeous couple!

After the rehearsal Lilly and I went home for some pizza a rest before the big day on Saturday!

Saturday morning, Bex and I had planned a Girls' Morning Out in Memphis. First we went to Shelby Farms to run in the Memphis Civitan 5K. This was Bex's first post-baby-Evie 5K and she did AWESOME! I was really proud of her.
I have never run a race at Shelby Farms and I loved it!


The course scenery was so beautiful and shady.


We weaved through threes and trails and playgrounds and ponds.


There were a few hills, but nothing I couldn't handle.


I finished in 31:48. Not the best I've ever done, but I was hoping for under 32:00 and that's what I got! You might remember my original goal for this run was to be under 30:00 but after the Gibson Guitar 5K last weekend, I could tell that wasn't gonna happen.




So 31:48 it was. I'll take it.




I also wore this super cute new running outfit! How do you like this awesome/awkward picture of me in it?


Hahahahah..goofer.




I got it at Sports Authority. And, although I feel a little like I'm participating in a high school track meet, I always get excited to wear new clothes.


After the race we hung out and cooled down before going shopping and lunching all morning. I'll be back later this week with a post about some fun Summer fashion.




Saturday afternoon I went back to Tunica to nap, shower, and get ready for the big event Saturday night! I arrived at the church early to help Sara Whit with Lilly.




Here is our gorgeous bride! Seriously, she looked like she stepped off the cover of a magazine.






Lilly had some primping to do herself before getting into her fancy flower girl dress.


Here she is all gussied up...that dress is just as beautiful as it was the last time she wore it!


Things were touch-and-go with the flower girls before the ceremony. It was Meltdown-Temper-Tantrum-City there for a while. But then, by the Grace of God, they performed miraculously for the wedding! Nothing a little bit of God's Grace and the promise of a Pink Mini Mouse Car won't do! Ha!




So I'm here to report that Lilly is 1 for 2 in her flower girl duties. I'm sure there will be many more flower girl experiences in her future!




After the ceremony went off without a hitch, it was time to party! Me and my handsome date:


Me and my silly sister:


We had a blast dancin' the night away!


Goofers.


The band was so wonderful and fun...we stayed until the very last possible minute!


The dance floor looked like this the entire night:


Look at this cute pic of my fun family!




Let me talk about something for a minute here...do any of you struggle with red eye in your photos?


Here is the original copy of the photo above:


Notice anything? Tom, Sara Whit, and Myra all have the devil eyes. Every single picture we take as a family, the Withers have RED EYES. Even Lilly in a lot of them. Brian and I are the only ones who look perfect in every picture. Ha!




After a long day and night of fun, Lilly was about to pass out! Time to go home for this little girl. Even though she wanted to stay even longer...here she is when Sara Whit told her it was time to go home:


Sara Whit said they got to the car, stripped off that dress and headed home. But Lilly piped up and said, "I want chicken nuggets from Wendy's!" ahahahah...late night post-party-eater...that's my girl! Here she is waiting on her Wendy's. Too funny.


All in all, it was such a beautiful and lovely wedding, and we are so thankful to the Gannaways for letting us be a part of such a special day in their lives!




Sunday we recuperated by hanging out at home and by the pool.




Yesterday after work I felt like a needed to get a good SWEAT in after partying, eating, and being all-around lazy all weekend. After my workout (more on that in Wednesday's post) I was CRAVING a smoothie.




Julie is always making these yummy-looking smoothies and I just had to have one. This one had such pretty summer colors in it I just had to snap a picture:


In this mix was:




  • Fresh spinach (two huge handfuls...I needed those nutrients!)


  • 1 fresh peach


  • almost 2 cups fresh blueberries


  • 2 cups vanilla soy milk


  • 6-8 frozen strawberries (unpictured)


Hit. The. Spot. I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a fun week this week! I'll be back on Wednesday with a Weight Watchers and Weekly Workout update!

No comments:

Post a Comment