Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Randomness

It's Friday, It's Friday, It's Friday, YAAAAAAY!

I love a Friday. Especially when I have an actual WEEKEND to enjoy!

This week has been a fun/short week for me since I had Monday and Tuesday off.

On Wednesday morning I got up extra early and did Jillian. Love it. Then I met Bex at the gym around 6:20 for a sprint workout. Still going strong all the way up to 9.0 miles per hour. I love it. If you have not tried a sprint workout yet, you totally should. You will sweat more than you knew you could every sweat.

On Wednesday I weighed myself before the workout, then got back on the scale directly after. I was down 1.5 pounds after that treadmill sprint workout! Amazing.

Thursday evening I did a swim workout. It was my first time back in the water since the triathlon. I hated it as much as I remembered. Just kidding...sort-of. I just don't *love* a swim workout because I have to do them after work because the aqatic center does not open early enough for me to go in the mornings. So I dred it all day.

For my swims, I have been doing a regular free-style swim for about 25 minutes. Then swimming with the paddles and pull buoy for 20 minutes (working out the arms), and ending with 15 minutes on the kick board (focusing on the lower body). I have enjoyed this hour swim workout, and it is what works for me.

Then I went home and did Jillian followed by a giant plate of venison spaghetti and garlic bread. Yes, I said venison. As in deer meat. We eat a lot of it at my house because if Tom kills one deer a year we have enough deer meat to feed and army! Ground venison tastes, looks, and cooks much like ground beef but it is MUCH leaner.

Which brings us to this morning.

I'm not all for working too hard on a Friday, but Bex wanted to do a long run so being the good partner that I am, I obliged.
So when she showed up at my house around 6:10, the thermomoter on her car read 79 degrees. Bananas! It was sooooooo hot starting out, and it only got hotter. By the end of our 7-mile jaunt we were both absolutely dripping. That much sweat usually makes me feel good, but this run was nothin' but hard.
I had to walk only a little bit at mile 5. Like .15 of a mile but still....I was a little disappointed that I had to walk at all. I was able to catch up to Bex and finish with her, so my overall pace was the same as if I'd ran the whole thing. Which is fine I guess.
So I skipped Jillian today, but will do it tomorrow, along with......
This run/walk takes place in down town Memphis on Saturday night, and Bex has convinced her husband to do it with us. Mr. Bex is a crazy hippie, so he only has....like these...rubber-comfortable-rafting-shoe-thingys....he doesn't have tennis shoes. But he is going to do it with us!

Watch him finish like 10 minutes before me. After the poor showing at my long run this morning, I'm thinking it's a definite possibility.

Tom is coming, too, and after the 5K we are all going to eat somewhere wonderful.

Looking forward to it....if you're in the Memphis area you should come out and join us!

Okay so I have to tell yall something really random....

On Tuesday I was out running errands and ran into Chilis to grab a quick lunch. There was a picture of THIS on the menu:
It looked so good and I thought, 'Why can't I just have guacamole for lunch?'

So I did.

And oh. my. goodness.

This stuff is heaven in a ramican.

They make it fresh right when you order it and it's full of (of course) fresh avocados, grilled corn, tomatoes, garlic, and topped with a little bit of parm cheese. RIDIC.

You get your guac, some salsa, and unlimited chips for $4.99. I was FULL after I destroyed this dish and I really didn't feel guilty at all. Avacodas are a good fat, after all (yeah....keep tellin' yourself that, sister!). If there had not been other people around, I would have licked the bowl and not thought twice about it.

So treat yourself to some guac and an El Presidente this weekend at Chili's!

Okay so down to the important stuff. Do you remember my friend Caitlin who started this blog with me? Her then-boyfriend is a techie and he figured out how to start the blog for us and all that good stuff. I say 'then-boyfriend' because he is her 'now-fiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Yaaaaaaaaaay Caitlin and Ben!

They met about a year ago at a friend's engagement party and the rest is history! I have known Caitlin since we were in PRESCHOOL....we went to middle school, high school, college, even pledged the same sorority....all together. She is the greatest.

With being friends for so long, we have been through a lot and have BOTH seen a lot of boys come and go. It really warms my heart to know that Caitlin has ended up with someone who brings out the best in her, encourages her, falls all over her, supports her, and appreciates all her AWESOMENESS. It is important for these men folk to appreciate our awesomeness, you know.

And of course I've got to say he's not too shabby himself...got a job, got a house, got a dog, got his act together, got a good family, good lookin'....a perfect match for my girl.

They are, like, googly-eyed-high-schoolers in love with each other.

I wish I had some of their engagement and ring pics on this computer but I don't. Never fear, I am visiting Nashville next weekend and will get to see Caitlin in all her engagement glowy-ness! In the mean time, here are a couple of us girls:
At dinner in Nashville

At Amy's wedding in December (it was at Amy's engagement party where they met!)

Our friend Lacey blogged about the engagement and did have some good pictures.
Visit her blog here: lovelace365.blogspot.com
Congratulations Caitlin and Ben! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment