Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Pics!

Hey Gals,

Sorry I've been MIA from the blog world for a while. Traveling for Thanksgiving, getting back to work, and living in The Great Bathroom Remodel of 2010 has had my schedule all whacky.

But let's get down to a few pics from the holiday weekend!

On Wednesday night, Tom, Reba, and I drove allllll the way to Knoxville. I got up bright and early to run Fleet Feet of Knoxville's Hot to Trot 10K.

As I mentioned earlier, doing this race is a tradition for me and my good 'ole dad every year. We go just the two of us and let everyone else sleep in.

We got to the race site early and there were already tons of people there! They estimated about 1,400 participants, and this was the second annual race.
Since I've got the half-marathon coming up on Saturday, I decided a longer run was in order so I opted for the 10K, instead of the 5K like I did last year.

The course was a double out-and-back which I don't usually love, but it was a good one this time, and the second half seemed to go by really face. Here I am, so excited for Turkey Day. I think I am looking this happy because I'm envisioning Pecan Pie and Green Bean Casserole being dangled in front of me:
My goal was to finish in 1:06, which would be slightly under an 11 minute mile. My final time was 1:02:53!!! I was really pleased with this pace (10:09), and it gave me some confidence for the half-marathon on Saturday.
Here's me and my photographer/cheerleader/friend/Dad!!
Whew! Glad to be done....now for a nap and some mashed potates.
After the run, we returned home for naps and showers. The fam was coming over around 5pm...we do Thanksgiving DINNER at our house.
Before everyone started to arrive I solicited my dad to take (more) pictures of us. As I mentioned last week, it is our new tradition to take our Christmas card picture on Thanksgiving day.
Trying to get Reba to pose like the sweet girl that she is can prove to be a challenge...
Take #1:
Aaaaaaaaand #2:
Finally I think we settled on this one:
As Tom would say, "We're good lookin' people."
As we rounded out our photo session, Louise's family started to arrive. (You can read more about them on my About Me page).
Cammie, Amaya, Tom, and Ms. Margaret enjoying time together before the big meal!
Here's my dad reading the manual for their new oven(s). They moved into this house in April after they got married and the kitchen is soooooo nice! But you have to have a degree in Biomedical Engineering from NASA to work the oven.
A little mother-son mashed-potato-making.
Tyler and Pheonix waiting patiently for dinner to be served!
Ms. Margaret making the gravy! Is it just me, or do grandmothers make the best gravy? In our family it is an unspoken rule that gravy-making is a GRANDMA-ONLY event.
Look at all this food! Yum City. Every thing we had was soooooo good, but the Pioneer Woman's Green Bean Casserole brought to you by yours truly was one of my faves. :)
Blessing is said, food is hot, time to dig in!
After dinner, Amaya and Dad decide to solve the problems of the world.
I'm glad I got a pic of the newlyweds and their First Thanksgiving Table! I loved how we had one big table so that we could all sit together. It was perfect.
The rest of our weekend was full of (lots) more eating, TONS of football-watching, and we may or may not have played a game or two of Scrabble.
It was a wonderful weekend with my dad and Louise, and they make me realize how much I have to be thankful for!
Now it's back to the daily grind until CHRISTMAS is upon us in only three short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment