Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Purple Bathing Suit and WW Update

I have had a great week of workouts and eating well. I am writing this portion of the post on Tuesday night, and putting out good vibes for the scale tomorrow. I am DETERMINED....I said DETERMINED do you hear me?....to get in the 150s this week at WW weigh-in. If it means I have to cut off a limb to will be 159 or lower I will do it!

Just kidding of course. I want yall to know it's not 100% vanity pushing me towards my weight loss goal. This week it's the principal and the fact that I've gone two weeks with no change. I'm annoyed and frustrated and ready to see some good numbers! I have a goal to meet and I'm tired of it being just that...only a goal and not a REALITY!
*****
Speaking of vanity....

I have a funny story to share.

Have you ever wondered how other people see you?

Last night Tom and I were in the kitchen. He was piddling around, I was reading a new Victoria's Secret catalog (one of oh, about three hundred that I have gotten this month...you order one set of flannel pajamas and you'd think I owned stock in the place), we were just talking about our upcoming week. He peered over my shoulder and said (well, it was more like EXCLAIMED),

"Hunny, you look like HER!"

And pointed to this picture:

Hmmmm.....

Me: "Tom, I will still cook you dinner, you don't have to lie to me."

Tom: "No seriously, I think you look like her."
Me, pointing at the magazine: "Her. In this purple bathing suit. Her, with the hair and the sex pot eyes and the abs of steel."
Tom, thinks for a second then says: "Well, I mean, your hair's shorter. But you have curves in all the right places, hunny. Like her."

What a sweet, sweet soul he is!

To be clear, I in no wayshapeorform am under the impression that I remotely resemble this lovely lady.
This is what I look like about 80% of the time:

This is what I look like on a good day:
But it is just nice to know that after working all day, with pony-tail, smeared make-up, and dog hair all over my sweat pants, that my husband tells me I look like Purple Bathing Suit Girl.

Sigh. I knew I married him for a reason.

I think I'm gonna have to treat myself to that purple bathing suit. In a size Large. ahahahaha!
*****

Weight Watchers Update: Okay so I just got back from weigh-in. Are you ready for this? Erica and Jennifer, just brace yourselves because you are gonna be JEALOUS CITY.

I lost 3.5 pounds this week. Victory at last!!!!!!!!!! Current weight if 157.5. Total weight lost to date is 14 pounds my friends. 14 pounds. So excited. All the hard work is paying off and I can feel it! Not for nothin', though. I worked out really hard this week and only used 18 flex points as opposed to my usual 35. My once-close friendship with Chardonnay is quickly deteriorating.

Next week is the final weigh-in for this 10-week session. I am in good shape with my weight loss so unless I GAIN a ton, I won't have to pay again. Thank you, Boyd Gaming.

The next session begins on March 10th. I am going to commit to one more 10-week session in hopes to get to my goal weight of 150. I am confident that I can do it, and I'm looking forward to it. The weight loss is great, but I've also made some fun new friends at work, and it is a great support system.

Today is a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment