Monday, February 1, 2010

We Be Jammin'

Grrrrrrr....Mondays. I hate Mondays. They're my LEAST favorite. Hopefully it'll be a semi-good Monday because I am having lunch with my hunny and then a good, strong, swim workout tonight!

We had a great weekend in Tunica. Yesterday was a beautiful day after quite a few days of gloomy 'wintery mix.' Tom and I slept L A T E (which I love, but we never get to do), then around 1pm I went for a run. Starting out I wasn't sure how far I wanted to go, but the sun was shining and the ice was falling from the trees like tiny little toothpicks and it was such a beautiful afternoon. Since we had slept through church, I just had my own little worship service thanking God for such a beautiful end to a nice weekend (among many other things. I have lots to thank God for). Before I knew it, I was finishing up 7 miles and it felt soooooo good.

After my run I cleaned out my chest of drawers and formed a big 'ole pile of clothes to send to Haiti. Do you think they need pany hose and thong underware in Haiti? I figure they need a little bit of everything so I'll just send it all.

One reader commented on my Friday post, asking what I listen to when I run. I thought it'd be a great idea to reach out to my *millions* of readers to see what YOU listen to when you workout! So here is a list of my 'Running Mix #1.' Please try to refrain from laughing, it is a really random, old, mix of songs but I love them.
  1. "Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert
  2. "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" by Miranda Lambert
  3. "Run This Town" by Kanye, Jay-Z, and Rihanna
  4. "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus
  5. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce
  6. "Survivor" by Destiny's Child (see what I mean...OLD. SCHOOL.)
  7. "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce
  8. "Eye of the Tiger" Rocky Soundtrack
  9. "The Final Countdown" by Europe
  10. "Come on Over Baby" by Christina Aguilera
  11. "I Gotta Feeling" by Black-Eyed-Peas
  12. "So What" by Pink
  13. "Wide Open Spaces" by Dixie Chicks
  14. "Ready to Run" by Dixie Chicks
  15. "Not Ready to Make Nice" by Dixie Chicks
  16. "How Will I Know" by who else....that's right....Whitney Houston
  17. "I'm Every Woman" by Whitney circa 1980
  18. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney pre-Bobby Brown
  19. "Pieces of Me" by Ashlee Simpson
  20. "The Story" by Brandi Carille
  21. "Bug A Boo" by Destiny's Child (ahahahahah!)
  22. "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katie Perry
  23. "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson
  24. "Poker Face" by Lady Ga Ga
  25. "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus
  26. "The Zephyr Song" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  27. "Snow (Hey Oh)" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  28. "Womanizer" by Britney Spears
  29. "Pump It" by Black-Eyed-Peas
  30. "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston
Please leave a comment and tell us a couple of your favorite motivating work-out songs! Thanks for giving me this idea, Maranda!

Have a great week, everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment