Friday, February 12, 2010

Show Us Your Life Friday: Valentines

Today on Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life Friday is Valentines Day ideas and memories.

Honeymoon in SanFransico August 2008


Since this topic can definitely in no way be tied into exercise, I'm just going to share some sweet Valentines Day memories that I have.

When I was growing up, my mom always gave me a huge heart-shaped box of chocolates. She told me once that when she was a little girl she always hoped that someone would give her a huge box of chocolates for Valentines Day, and that rarely happened. So she always gave them to me and I'll always remember that. Isn't that a sweet/sad story? :)
In 2008, Tom and I has been engaged for about three months when Valentines Day rolled around. He was living in Tunica and I was still in Nashville. He had a huge bouquet of flowers sent to my office. It was such a sweet gesture, but the card what what I remember the most. It said, "Happy Valentines Day. I can't wait to be married to you! Love, Tom." He told me he felt a little silly telling the lady at the flower shop to write such a cheesy message, but he wanted to make me happy. All together now:
"Awwwwww."
Honeymoon in Napa, August 2008

I still have that tiny card tucked in a picture frame on my bedside table.
Christmas 2008


This year for Valentines Day I told him I just want to spend time together doing something other than sitting around the house. So we'll see what we decided to do.

Christmas 2009


What are you doing for Valentines Day?

If you don't have a sweetie, do something sweet for yourself because you deserve it! Go get a pedicure or buy a new purse. Spend an extra 30 minutes at the gym making yourself feel good and accomplished! Just because you don't have a 'Valentine' doesn't mean you shouldn't do somthing nice for YOU!

When I was single and living in Nashville, a group of single girlfriends would get together on Valentines Night, wear all black, and go out on the town. Sort-of an anti-Valentines Date.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment