Friday, February 5, 2010

Show Us Your Life Friday

Okay so.

I love doing Kelly's Korner 'Show Us Your Life Friday,' and I usually try to somehow tie it into running or exercise because, after all, that is the whole purpose of this blog. However, today's topic is Beauty Tips and Products.
How am I supposed to tie that into running? The only beauty tip I have for that is to wear chapstick. So I am going to stray from my usual topics of all things exercise and share some more girlie beauty tips and products.
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Running in the cold winter air, and swimming twice a week can cause really dry skin. I use Ponds on my face and Oil of Olay Quench on the rest of my body. Tom says I should buy stock in Oil of Olay because I put it all over my body every single time I get out of the shower. I just love it as an every day lotion because it smells great and gives you a little shimmer.
Yesterday I posted that I was looking forward to getting a TAN. Back in college the tanning bed was a girl's best friend but now that I am older and wiser I know that the beds can be really damaging to your skin. So, on my sister Myra's recommendation I used this to get ready for summer, plus get sprayed a few times if I have an event coming up or something. It is great, and if you put your regular lotion on first, it doesn't streak at all. Be sure to wash your hands afterwards or you'll wind up with orange palms!I am obsessed with my pressed-powder bronzer. I use it year-round. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess. It works on all skin tones, just apply it on over your favorite foundation with a large brush to give you a healthy glow. Another favorite is this Sephora blush. Just simple and rosey, gives the look as if you just walked in from a cold windy day outside. And I LURVE my perfume. I have lots but I get the most compliments on this one. Even from strangers. Men, women, everyone. Ann Taylor Possibilities. And Tom gave me this new perfume for Christmas, Givency Very Irresistable. I love it, too. Last but not least, I have a lip gloss addiction. I just counted and I have 11 tubes of lipgloss on my person as we speak. Ridiculous but I girl's gotta have choices, yes? My all-time favorite is Smashbox.

So happy Friday, everyone! Now go out, get yourself some great beauty products, and get purdy for your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment