Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some Workouts and The Weekend

Happy Monday everyone!

It is snowing like crazy here and I love it. Whenever it snows, Tom drives me to work (cause he's chivalrous like that) and I really enjoy being chauffeured around.

So just to catch yall up on Feelin' Fine in February....

First of all, I had planned to do the first week of my gym's Fitness Challenge but the challenge didn't' start until yesterday, so that will go into this week's plan I guess.

Last week my hip/IT band were still really bothering me so I made it a point to take it slow. On Thursday and Friday I just did 30 minute elliptical, and an additional 20 or 30 minutes on another low-impact cardio machine (ArcTrainer or bike, usually).

Thursday I finally got in an arm workout, and on Friday I was really missing the intense sweat that the treadmill brings so I did a little cardio blast. I just made it up at the gym and boy did it work! I was super-sweaty at the end of about 10 or 12 minutes!

Cardio blast:
  • 30 jumping jacks
  • 30 seconds jump rope
  • 30 seconds butt kicks
  • 30 seconds high knee
  • 15 burpees <----SWEAT CITY.
  • REPEAT

Recovery:

  • Easy jog 5 minutes

Cardio Blast:

  • Repeat above circuit

Wooooowwwweeeeee was it hard. That one is a doozy so don't overdo it if you decide to try it.

So that was my Friday night.

Afterwards I came home and, because Tom was out of town for the weekend, I had a date with this:

Popcorn and M&M's. Did yall ever used to eat this as a kid?My mom used to always make it for us when we'd watch movies.

China Check: Vietri Incanto

Reba, Julia, and I had a girls night and laid low for the evening. It was quite lovely. On Saturday night I went over to spend some time with this little lady: Don't let that innocent expression fool you...she is a STINKER, this one! She made me laugh so hard all night long.

After bath time, she showed off in her pink rain boots...aka her "Foots."



Siggggghhhhh...this child is giving me the FEVER!! Baby fever, that is!
After rain boot dancing, she began her nightly ritual of putting all her babies to bed:

Each baby gets tucked in tight

"Good job baby" was what she'd say to each one, once they were in their respective beds.

There's a lot of work that goes into putting 5 or 6 babies to bed, I tell you what!

The whole process takes about 30 or 45 minutes.

Laura: Lilly, are you burping those babies?
Lilly: *BURP*
I'll take that as a yes.
Babies need their bottle before bed, too.
She doesn't quite have the order down right, but they're her babies so if she wants to burp first then feed, we'll let her.
Then Gunner came in to see what the fuss was all about. Lilly promptly decided it was time for him to go to bed, too.
Such a good sport, that Gunner.

Oh how I loved spending time with this crazy girl!
In a couple weeks we'll celebrate her second birthday! Can't wait.
On Sunday morning I got in a great run. I did 5 miles in 52:49, which is slightly under an 11 minute mile. Not awesome, but fine by me. I felt great the whole time and took one 1/4 mile walk break somewhere around the 3.5 mile mark.
Then came home, leashed up Reba, and we went on an additional 1.2 walk/run.
By the time we got back, Tom was home! Each year, a group of men in Tunica go camping the first weekend in February. They call it Cold Weather Campout, for obvious reasons.
Here he is, Paul Bunyon with Babe the Blue Ox. :)

Reebs was glad to have her daddy home. Isn't she so cute in her blue bandana? I think she looks like a little sailor.


Ay Ay Capt'n!

Last night we watched the Superbowl at the neighbor's house. I was pulling for the Steelers, but these days I watch the Superbowl for the food, to be honest. We had wings, pizza, chips, dips, cookies, all the usual suspects. I am offiically pregnant with a food baby.

In other news, some of you might remember that Superbowl Sunday brings an exciting new change in our house. Stayed tuned this week to see what it is!

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment