Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WW Update(s)

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Some of you have written me and asked what I EAT on a day-to-day basis while on Weight Watchers. I think sometimes WW can sound a little daunting, what with the thought of measuring out your food and counting your points and all that good stuff. But it's really not that hard. Bex always tells me I am a little OCD because I so enjoy accurate record-keeping so WW is right up my alley (Aishlea, you and your little accounting mind would love it, too! Not that you need it, Skinny Minnie).

But for those you who think it's a pain to write down everything you eat....um....I really don't know what to tell you. About 90% of the weight-loss/healthy eating plans out there will tell you to write down what you eat. So it's just something you have to do. Get over it. Just do it and it will become second nature eventually. If it were convenient or easy you would have done it by now.

So anyway, here's an example of a typical day for me:
  • Breakfast: Pre-workout I'll have a Luna Bar (womens protein bar) and an Emergen-C. Post-workout is 1/2 cup Frosted Mini Wheats in 1/2 cup of 1% milk topped with mixed berries. Sometimes I'll have a coffee with Equal and a fat-free flavored creamer. Approx. Breakfast points: 4-7
  • Mid-morning: 2 clementines Snack points: 1

  • Lunch: 1 steak fajita with about 3 oz of meat. 1 Tablespoon of sour cream and loaded with salsa, lettuce, and tomato. Grilled veggies as a side dish, Diet Coke to drink. Another favorite lunch of mine is a huge salad loaded with pretty much everything on the salad bar and minimal dressing. 1/2 cut cottage cheese and 6 Saltine crackers. Fat-free Yoplait yogurt for dessert. Approx. lunch points: 7
  • Mid-afternoon: apple or banana with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter. Lots of water, too! Snack points: 3

  • Dinner: 1 cup whole-wheat penne pasta, 1/2 cup of jarred marinara sauce, 1/3 cup of low-fat mozzerella cheese. 1 cup of 1% milk. For dessert I'll usually have a Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwich or fudgesicle. Or last night I had 17 Sour Jelly Bellys. I have to have dessert of I'll bindge on sweets if I deprive myself completely! Approx. Dinner Points: 9


After eating all this in a day, and doing about an hour of moderate exercise, I am right at my Weight Watchers point quota. My base points are 21, then I add 3 or 4 more points if I workout. So on a typical day I total around 25 points.

So there you have it. Eat your heart out! I'll continue to update as I find good filling meals that work with Weight Watchers.

Weight Watchers Update: Well, here I am just bragging away about my healthy eating habits and all. I always go to the scale on Wednesdays in hopes of coming back with good news for you girls. However, I'm afraid there is no good news to speak of today. No loss. No gain. Stayed the same. Just chillin' at 157.5. Annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate working so hard all week....sweating, counting points, making sacrifices....and then when Wednesday finally rolls around....nothing. Whatev.

Our leader did read us a success story today of a woman who said something that stuck with me: "It is frustrating to have a week when you follow the program to a 'T' and don't see a change on the scales. You just have to push through it, knowing that you will most likely have a loss the next week." So that's what I'm doing. Pushing through.

After all, I did lose 3.5 pounds last week which was huge so maybe I'm just kind of even-ing out. Well, fingers crossed and skinny thoughts for next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment