Monday, May 24, 2010

The Day After....

First I want to say thanks to all of you who read the World's Longest Post from yesterday! Ha!

There were just so many things going through my head and I wanted to share them all with you! So thanks for reading, commenting, emailing, calling, and texting me with words of congratulations. It really means a lot.

I had a lovely day-after-my-first-triathlon. I spent the morning drinking coffee and bloging, and then had planned to go to Hernando to run into Wal-Mart and get a mani/pedi (those are two separate errands....I was not planning on getting my mani-pedi AT the Wal-Mart).

But around 1pm it started doing this at my house:
Crazy almost-golf-ball-size HAIL! It sounded like someone was trying to get into the house it was pounding on the roof so hard. Reba was running all over the place like, "What in the world is going on?!?"

We have a recently-broken gutter and the water started coming in the house at the porch door. So I thought fast and stuffed some towels down at the bottom of the door. It actually worked.


THEN the water started coming in the laundry room door, too! Same thing here, just trying to soak up all the rain water coming in! Eeeek!

While it rained and hailed I just snuggled down on the couch and watched some DVR'd shows. I *love* having nothing to do sometimes!
The hail didn't last too long, but it was bad enough to hurt all our tomato plants Tom has been working so hard on. :(
When the weather finally cleared up I went ran my errands and had a WONDERFUL time getting pampered a little with a mani/pedi. I seriously don't think I have had a manicure since I moved to Tunica.
Now that I have a house and a husband and what seems like lots of things to pay for, I just feel like spending $30 on my nails is a waste. But I do looooooove a manicure when I feel like treating myself.
Here are my newly painted nails. AND to top it all off I didn't wear make up all day. I just ran around town make-up-less. See, REAL triathlete girls are way too cool and busy working on their racer-back tan to wear make-up.
Before, my feet looked AWFUL. Swimming and running had both taken it's toll on my toes, but now these little piggies look beautiful.

I am still a little sore today. My calves and ham strings are really tight, so I am going to take it easy this week, and think about what's next in my fitness adventure.
I need to keep training for *something* because having a long-term goal helps me stay motivated. Hmmmmmm....what to do, what to do. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment