Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fun New Stuff and WW Update

Hey Friends....
Geeeeeez I feel like I have been neglecting the blog lately. May is a crazy month for me, with lots of work, and plans every weekend. Thus messing up my normal routine and leaving little time to blog!

This morning Bex and I did a wonderful 7 miler around Tunica. The weather in the mornings has been so perfect lately. I was dripping with sweat when we got done but during the run the breeze was cool so I never really got hot. Did you workout this morning? What did you do?

This weekend my beautiful mommy, Helen Frazier, came to visit me! We had a great relaxing time and I was so very sad when she had to leave yesterday morning. We always have so much fun together...shopping, eating, gossiping, telling funny family stories. She is a really good friend.

Upon her arrival on Friday night, she brought me this:


There is a Swim & Tri Store in Knoxville so she brought me a couple of Tri suits to try on. This one fit the best, and has those flattering lines. So it will be my wardrobe for the Triathlon next weekend.

I know I had said I wanted some crazy colors, but this one fits well and the price is right. So I'm going for it. It was originally $106, and my mom had a 25% off coupon so it came down to like $86 after tax! Love a bargain.

I am going to try it out on Friday and see how she fairs. I can't wait to wear it....it makes me feel very....official. And intense. Ha!


Sidenote: Also on Friday night I made these amazing gorganzola-stuffed artichokes as an appetizer. They were soooooo good but not WW friendly. I will have to post the recipe soon so yall can taste it's amazingness.

On Saturday we walked in the Doggie Dash 5K to benefit the Tunica Humane Society. Reba walked it with us. She was very excited to go and support her less-fortunate canine brothers and sisters....like Dolly! Speaking of Dolly, her new family has emailed me a couple of times to give me updates. She is doing great! And getting along well with their other lab, MOLLY. He said Dolly seems to have 'street smarts.' Must have been those weeks on the mean streets of Tunica back in the day.

Saturday afternoon we went to Memphis to the Fleet Feet store. Every time I go in there I get very annoyed that I don't have about one million dollars to spend. If I did, I would buy everything in there! They have so much cute running stuff.

Other bloggers had mentioned they liked to eat Gu Chomps for nutrition during long runs, so I bought a couple to try. I plan to do a nice looooooog workout on Friday and try them out then. So I'll let you know what they're like. From what I understand, they are like energy fruit snacks. Hm.
Along with my new tri suit, I am going to wear this visor for the race:I like to wear a visor or hat after my bike ride because the helmet makes my hair look all crazy. And clearly after swimming a mile in the lake, biking 25 miles the first thing on my mind is my hair.

I have worn it a couple of times and I love it! It's really comfortable and it has reflectors on it.
On Sunday we celebrated Mothers Day with my mom and the in-laws with a great brunch and then cake at my in-laws house. Mothers Day is also my mother-in-law's birthday so cake was in order.
Because of said cheesy artichokes and cake, I am nervy-nervy about my weigh-in today. If I don't lose at least one pound I will have to pay fifty-five big ones! That would be one expensive pound!
Keep me in your thoughts....
Weight Watchers Update: This just in from the weigh-in....I lost a pound and a half so I am in the clear! No paying for me again! Yaaaaaaaaay!
Current weight is 152. Total weight lost is 19.5 pounds. Hooty-Hoot!
Now I'll be on maintenance for six weeks. I just need to stay at or under 154 for six weeks, then I will be an Offical Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment