Thursday, May 27, 2010

A few more pics...

Happy Friday Friends!

I hope you all have something lovely and exciting and healthy planned this weekend. I have to work tomorrow. And the next weekend as well. Of course.

I do not love my job at this minute but that is another post for another day....

This morning I ran about 3 miles and then did Level 1 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I have done The Shred before, but it was about 20 pounds ago. I really needed to lose some fat before embarking on The Shred, so I thought now would be a good time to try again.

After losing some weight, I am hoping it will help tone me up some because I am really bad about working in strength workouts.

Anywhoooooo....

My dad just emailed me some more pictures from the race and I think they are sooooo funny! I am making funny faces in pretty much all of them!

This is the only remotely cute one:

Stretching and, I guess, laughing? Not sure what's going on here...ha!

Before the swim start. I looked like this on the outside:

But felt like this on the inside. Scared little girl!

And then we skip to after the bike since my speedy swim skills (a.k.a. The Second Biggest Miracle God Has Ever Preformed) caused my family to miss the Swim/Bike transistion:
Getting ready to head out on the run. Again, what is up with this face? Maybe I am eating something? Or laughing? Or making a joke? I dunno...but it is a weird face.

So I just thought I'd share those fun and funny pictures.

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend, girls. Are you ready for some fun in the sun....or should I say fun in a bathing suit?

I know this is a hard time for us all when we don't quite have a base tan yet (let's be honest here...tan fat looks better than white fat, am I right?), and realize that 10 extra pounds have crept on over the Winter months.

A few tips to keep in mind as we head into summer:

  • Do something active at least 4 days a week. A 30 minute walk, your favorite workout DVD, a bike ride around your neighborhood....anything to get off the couch!
  • Eat breakfast....this morning I had a bagel thin with 1 Tbsp PB, apples with cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of blueberries. Great way to start the morning.
  • Work in more fresh veggies into your diet....what better time of year than when the fruits and vegs are fresh and begging to be eaten!
  • Plan out meals for the week and give yourself only two "splurge" meals. I know it's hard but if it was easy you would be skinny by now. :) Just sayin'.
  • Hydrate....drink lots and lots of water. And then drink some more water. It will make you feel great and your skin look lovely!
  • Find a friend (even if it's your dog) and sign up for a 5K in a month or so. Give yourself something to look forward to!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend....think of me while you're on the lake and I'm at work on Saturday AND Monday! Boooooooooo hisssssssssss....:(

No comments:

Post a Comment