Thursday, May 27, 2010

Holy Airbrush!

So.

Bex and I got back at this morning. After the half marathon in January I took 10 days off and had a really hard time getting back into the swing of things.

So this go-round I only took 3 days off and I was READY to get back out there this morning. We did a great 5-mile run and it felt sooooooo good and sweaty.

While I was at the Triathlon, Bex was with her family in Gulf Shores. She was stalking Tom all day on Sunday to hear about how I was doing. So even hundreds of miles away, she was there in spirit.

When I talked to her on Sunday after the race, she told me she had gotten me a funny/personalized congratulatory gift while on vacation. She told me to keep in mind that she got in at the Redneck Riviera and not to expect too much.

I love Gulf Shores because it brings back a fun memory for me.....after college graduation, a group of us girls got a condo and spent a long weekend there. It was just such a fun time with friends going to the Flora-Bama and taking in all it's glory!

And my bestie Christina and her husband live in Daphne, about 30 minutes from Gulf Shores. When Tom and I were dating we visited them down there and had the best time!

*Anyway* check out this little beauty that Bex had custom-made especially for little ole me!

Here is the front:
I love the way it says my first AND last name so as not to confuse me with all the other triathletes who had airbrush t-shirts made to commemorate the event.

And here is the back:
Two words, people: PURE CLASS. I plan to tie it up on the side with a hot pink scrunchi and wear it with my stone-washed cut-off jorts (jorts = jean shorts for those of you who aren't from Alabama or Mississippi).

She said they went to this tacky....I mean AWESOME T-shirt souvenier shop and the airbrush section had like three walls full of designs to choose from.

When the guy asked her which one she wanted, she said, "Um, no...I'm gonna need a custom design for this shirt." Bwahahahaahah! Love it, love it, love it.

She explained to him what she wanted and he said, "Well, this may take a while so I'll get started..." she said that was fine, they would just shop around.

I am hoping she also made it out of the store with an mesh tank top and a shot glass with a confederate flag on it.

Love. That. Bex. What a partner she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment