Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Animal House

I wish I was talking about this animal house:
Unfortunately, I'm not.

I'm talking about a literal animal house.

That would be MY house.

Tom and I found (another) orphaned kitten over the weekend, and have been trying to play 'mommy' to it for the past few days!

This one is a little older, bigger, and stronger than our last kitten. I took Kitty to the vet on Monday and they said he looks surprisingly healthy to be separated from his mama at such a young age. We think he is about 3 weeks old. At first I had him in a box in our guest bed room but it was too small---he was able to climb right out!

So now he is currently residing in our guest room bathtub. Ha! He's kind of hard to photography...very squirmy.

When he first arrived, we thought he was a girl so tossed around names like Loretta, Patsy, and Martina (trying to stay with country-music-singer-pet-names, here).

Now that we know he's a boy, Tom wants to name him TOM CAT. I said, so what would I call you? Tom Man? heh heh.

One of my co-workers suggested Conway Kitty (get it...like Conway Twitty). So the jury is still out on the name for our orphan kitty.
This sweet girl is not too fired up about her new little brother. She doesn't know what to think of him, and sometimes just looks at him and whines. Bless her heart....Please pray for Conway Kitty because I have no idea what I'm doing. We have to give him this kitten milk replacement and yes, it smells as gross as it sounds but he seems to love it.
Last night I ran outside for the first time in a week and God blessed me with another great run! I did 5 miles in 52:43 which is good for me.

My goal lately has been to average under an 11:00 minute mile for all distances over three miles. This run was around 10:30 so I was very happy. Under three miles, I aim to get it down under 10:00 minutes.

After my run I spent some time loving on this sweet angel because I think she's been feeling neglected since Conway Kitty came into the picture.

Oh, Mommy I love your sweaty face

I love your sweaty face so much, let me kiss you on the lips.

Happy Wednesday, all! Half way to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment