Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Fun Birthday!

Happy Friday Bloggies!

I'm so glad Friday is here...my favorite day of the week!

Last weekend I did a long run of 7 miles. I was dredding it because I thought it would be a really sad event, but it actually wasn't that bad.

I had told myself that I was going to finish the full 7 miles if it took me half the day! I set out around 6am on Saturday, determined to finish by noon. Thankfully, it didn't take that long. :)

I have some goals as far as my time goes, but I am still running to finish at this point. So I won't beat myself up too much if I don't meet my time goals.

I had decided I'd be happy if I finished in under 12 minute miles, and REALLY PROUD if I finished in under 11 minute miles. And I'd fall over of SHOCK if I finished in under 10:30 per mile.

Well, I was very pleased because I finished in 1:13:50 which is a 10:32 pace. Not bad, huh?!?!

I felt good during the run, but afterwards not so much. I just didn't feel myself all day long. I tried every trick in the book for post-run blues....Emergen-C, lots of water, a little caffeine, a nutritious lunch. But I still had a headache and felt very weak all day.

I think it was the lack of sleep because when I got home from work I took a quick one-hour nap and felt like a new woman.

I have an 8-miler planned for tomorrow, so more on that next week!

My mom and I had a great time during her visit. On sunday we went to a festival in Memphis. The day started out fun, and before we got rained out we had a delicious lunch at The Arcade.

Mom got the Sweet Potato Pancakes...oh my stars they tasted like CAKE!
And I had one of my favorite foods...PIZZA with tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese. I cleaned my plate!
These pics were pre-rain, as evident by only the slightly frizzy hair instead of the drowned-rat look we rocked later that afternoon.
Mom brought me these beautiful flowers and a bottle of wine from her Italy trip! We are saving the wine for an extra-special occasion.
On Monday, my actual birthday, we had an *awesome* champagne lunch at Firebirds in Memphis.
Complete with free dessert. It was redonk.
Followed by a long day-o-shopping. I found lots of fun finds all over the mall!
Monday night we went to my in-laws for our traditional steak dinner and grocery-store-bakery-cake. This grocery-store-bakery-cake is the best thing you'll ever put in your mouth. I may or may not have had a few peices for breakfast the next morning.
Me and little Lils! She is such a hoot.
And she loves her Unca Tom. You can barely tell in this picture, but she's doing her 'fish face.' This was right before she took her bow out and put it in his hair.
Tom got me this necklace/earring combo for my birthday! Very cute.
Tuesday was more shopping, followed by an evening of cooking (whenever mom comes to town we love to cook a crazy pasta dish...this trip is was an alfredo pasta with salmon and capers....yummmmm), Sex and the City 2 (which I was seeing for the first time, and watched the entire thing with a big goofy grin on my face....SO GOOD!), and dog cuddling.
She gets extra-spoiled when her Grandmama is in town!
And Wednesday it was farewell to Helen, and back to work! Since I had Monday and Tuesday off, this week has flown by, thank goodness!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment