Sunday, October 10, 2010

Inspired

This weekend I was really inspired by people like Jamie, a bargain-hunting fashionista, and Kendra, a re-purposing, DIY'ing, domestic princess in training.

Visit their blogs, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Saturday afternoon, I set out to make my big trip to the 'the city' for the week. You know we don't have a Wal-Mart or anything like that in Tunica so I have to plan my trips to the grocery store and all that fun stuff.

Because I was short on time and money, I wanted to make a one-stop shop at Wally World for all my groceries and dog food for the week, along with a little fall wardrobe shopping thrown in.

Ever since I saw Tina Knowles (Beyonce's mom) on Hoda and Kathie Lee promoting her new clothing line, I wanted to run out and try on some of her things. Kathie Lee raved about the skinny jeans in the line, and I bought some, too! Albeit about three years late, I am just now jumping on the Skinny Jean Bandwagon.

$18 at Wal-Mart, people. They are soooooo comfy and stretchy, and true to size unlike so many discount-brand clothing.
Miss Tina did not disappoint

I also bought these two shirts....the purple one for $12 and the plaid one for $10. The two necklaces I found on the clearance rack for $3 and $7. I also scooped up a pair of faux suede, knee-high black boots for $25 (unpictured). Once the weather finally cools down enough to don a boots/jean combo, I report back with how cute these outfits look on me (I know so many of my old friends are shaking their head at that comment saying, "Such a 'Laura' thing to say").

During my Saturday errands I also picked up some supplies to make this little cutie.A Mississippi State football wreath! I had been thinking I wanted to do something nice for my sister Sara Whitten, and this was a perfect little 'happy' for her!

I also have supplies to make a 'BAMA' wreath for our door. My next door neighbor, Erin is making these wreaths and will be selling them soon! She can do pretty much any school, holiday, etc.

In the next few weeks I will be posting about her wreaths (which are MUCH cuter than mine...she is more talented, and I just sort-of threw this one together). We have a deal worked out where she will give me a little somethin'-somethin' for Christmas decorating in exchange for advertisments on the blog.

So stay tuned for more DIYing in Tunica!

No comments:

Post a Comment