Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Hate Mondays

I feel like I always start the blog week out on a negative note by mentioning my disgust with Mondays, but I can't help it!

Mondays are my nemesis, and to top it off, I was greeted with a *super* annoying email from my boss this morning about breaks and office hours. Puh-leeeeeese, we're all adults, why does it matter if we take a 30 minute lunch versus a 40 minute lunch? Seriously?

But *anyway* enough of the Negative Nancy talk, on to something more fun and positive!

Saturday morning I worked a charity walk for the American Heart Association. I had to work our booth during the walk, handing out water, so I could not participate.

The walk took place at a baseball and concert complex in Southaven. So afterwards I did my long run for the week at the race site, which provided a nice break from my normal Tunica route. I LOVE running in new places!

I had a 7-miler planned, but around 5.5 miles I noticed that the race crew had already loaded out, I was all alone, and had seen a homeless creeper-man TWICE and he made me nervous. So I called it a day at 6 miles.

I finished in 1:03: 58 which I was really happy with. That's a 10:40 mile which is within my goal of under 11 minute miles.

This time included a short bathroom/GU break about half way through. I had a GU in Espresso Love flavor which was awesome.

Here are a few pics from my scenic, lovely running route!





Nice and sweaty!
Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you're more positive than me today! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment