Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Food Reviews and a WW Update

So I made a big Wal-Mart trip last night because we have some friends coming into town this weekend for....wait for it....the *Annual* Tunica Rivergate Festival.
As you can imagine, this is a party-all-night-balls-to-the-wall-wild-and-crazy-festival in the metropolis of downtown Tunica. Kidding, of course.
In all seriousness, I DO have about 8 of my awesome friends coming into town for this annual festival. It takes place in cute little downtown Tunica, complete with carnival games, BBQ & Bloody Mary contest, live music, and best of all: TONS. OF. CRAWFISH. Literally tons. I think they do something crazy like 10,000 pounds of crawfish. No joke.
Oh yeah. These crawfish are like nothin' you've ever seen before! Huge. Colassal. Insane. The Crawfish Crew (of which my precious husband is a member) pays extra to get the 'Grade A' crawfish. They sell huge trays of perfectly steamed and seasoned crawfish to raise money for the private school in town. So it'll be a fun weekend. Pictures to come next week.
So I say all this because while at Wal-Mart I found some wonderful new figure-friendly treats that I just had to share with you.
First of all, my Weight Watchers leader had told us about these little gems last week:
Thomas brand Bagel Thins. One whole bagel thin is only 1 WW point. Only 110 calories. I LOVE baked goods of all kinds, and have really missed out on bagels, muffins, cookies, etc. since I started Weight Watchers. These are a great alternative to your typical 400-calorie bagel. They come in whole wheat as well.
I had one last night for dinner, actually....topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella & goat cheeses, and turkey pepperoni. Ta-Da! Pizza Bagel Weight Watchers Style! And only 5 itty bitty points.
Next up....Tom and I love to have 'sandwich night' at our house. When we have had a long week, not in the mood to cook or grill, we love a turkey sandwich. And what better to pair your sandwich with than CHIPS?!!!?! The old Laura would have reached for the kettle-cooked goodness, but alas, I am in the middle of Potato Chip Rehab (aka Weight Watchers) so no kettle-cooking for me. I was getting tired of the same-ole-same-ole Baked BBQ Lays so I decided to try these:
Baked! Lays Parmesan and Tuscan Herb. They are awesome! You can really taste the Parmesan cheese in these...if you close your eyes when you eat them you just might think you are at a pizza place they smell and taste so 'Italian.' These are going to be my new favorite chip. And only 2 points for 14 chips.
And last but not least...the grand finale...the cream of the crop....two words: SKINNY. COW.
I am the type of person who MUST have a little sweet bite after every meal (except for breakfast....okay, sometimes I'll have dessert with breakfast. Don't tell.). For those of you who have a sweet tooth like me, Skinny Cow is going to be your new best friend.
The Skinny Cow brand has just come out with four new flavors of low-fat ice cream cups. One cup is 2 or 3 points depending on the flavor. I tried the Carmel Cone last night it was awesomeness on a spoon. Go buy some today.
You're welcome in advance.
So I share these food reviews because I want to encourage you to make small changes to your diet and see how it works for you. By making these small changes each day, you are still able to have your baked goods, potato chips, and dessert. It's never a good idea to deprive yourself completely because, if you're like me, you'll come to a breaking point and the next thing you know your husband comes home to you crying on the couch with an empty box of Tagalongs and a giant glass of wine smeared with chocolate fingerprints. Just sayin'.
Weight Watchers Update: I just got back from my meeting a lost another 2 pounds! That's 18.5 total pounds lost, current weight is 153. I am serious when I say I have not weighed this much since high school. Ten years ago, my friends. TEN YEARS. Crazy! I love it!
I have been working hard this week, and did my sprint intervals again this morning. I went all the way up to 8.5 miles per hour this morning and I was afraid my legs were going to dislocate I felt like I was running so fast! It was another good, sweaty workout that paid off at weigh-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment