Monday, April 26, 2010

New Shoes

This morning Bex and I had a great workout outdoors for the first time in a while. We have been sort-of putting off an outdoor bike ride because Bex is convinced her bike is possessed by the devil himself.

Okay maybe not that extreme but her bike just really sucks. I've ridden it, and it is pretty bad. I average a 4 minute mile on the bike outdoors, and she more like 4:45 or 5:00. Not good.

But she bit the bullet and did a 40 minute ride with me this morning. I made it about 10 miles...I'm not sure how far she went because we agreed that I would not sacrifice my workout to wait on her.

After the bike we did a 4 mile run and it felt sooooooo good. After some time off, I am really feeling back to my old self! I had run a 6er last week and felt horrible the entire time. But this 4 miler this morning was quick and easy.

I also did an hour swim workout last night and can feel it in my arms this morning! I did an 800 free style fast, then an 800 with the paddles and pull-buoy. That took about 42 minutes. For the remainder of the hour I did the kickboard. Yes, it is very awkward looking but I can sooooooo feel it in my legs and that lovely little inner-thigh area that is everyone's favorite part of their body. ha ha.

I was down in the dumps a little last week, and having a little freak-out yesterday but today I am feeling better about myself and my training. May 23rd here I come!

For the workout this morning I wore these little beauties:

Yes those are my giant feet in my new shoes. I am 5'7" and wear a size 10. Boats, I know. Where I work, we sponsor a charity golf tournament every year and I help with it. This year another one of their major sponsors was Under Armour (my fave, as we all know) and they gave these tennis shoes to all the participants along with this golf shirt (sorry I forgot to rotate before I uploaded it):

And this bag:

I love the bag. Not sure if I'll ever wear the shirt...it may go in the Good Will pile but we'll see. The bag is really durable and has a separate pocket big enough to put wet clothes in if you so need to.

I am a tried and true Saucony girl, but I thought I'd give these a try since they were free and my current pair of Sauconys are on their last leg.

I believe these are the Under Armour Womens Spectre II Running Shoe. I am not sure if they are recommended for distance running or what. All it said on the internet was 'recommended for running.' All the reviews on the Under Armour website were good, though.

So I am going to give them another try tomorrow during my sprint workout to see how they fair. I'll let ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment