Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Duds?

Short post alert....

I was just browsing the internet and thinking about my Tri Suit I need to buy. Speaking of things to buy...I have so many things I need, but you know what's at the top of the list???

A speeding ticket. A $244 speeding ticket to be exact. ANNOYING!

$244 could go a long way at Sports Authority. Or Nordstrom.com. Or Sephora. Or the wine store. Pfffftt....speed limits...who needs 'em?

Anyway, I found these Tri Shorts and Tri Top at this website.

I don't really know what's best to wear for your first triathlon, but I do know I'd like to just wear the one outfit the whole time to avoid having to change clothes, thus effecting my finish time. I had orginially thought I'd just buy a Tri Suit (which is pretty self-explanitory....basically a one-piece wetsuit with bike padding), but I really wanted to wear a bright, crazy, color.
My sister-in-laws are rolling their eyes right now because they say I am always the one to pick out lime green and hot pink to wear. Myra told me once, "I mean, I can't even look directly at you. Your clothes are too bright."
So I thought this little get up was too cute! And very 'me.' The colors are great...like cotton candy, yes? The colors will come in handy for all my fans that will be there cheering me on....I'll be easy to pick out in the crowd...at the front of the pack. :)
From what I understand, the Tri Top is simply a quick-drying top that you can easily swim, bike, and run in. I'm sure I'll need to wear a sports bra under it.
And the shorts are like your standard bike shorts, only they dry faster and the padding is slightly inferior to your standard bike shorts. A little less padding=easier on the swim and run.
Once I get this speeding ticket under control, I think I will buy this little outfit for myself and see if it magically transforms me into Super Tri Girl. I am certain it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment