Monday, July 26, 2010

Back from Vacay...

Yes, sadly I am back in the Delta after a lovely week in Destin.

I was dredding coming back to work today, understandably so considering the 397 emails waiting on me.

*Of course* our internet is acting up again at home (and by 'acting up' I mean that my husband bought a cheap ass used router on Amazon for $7 and of course it doesn't work) so the remainder of our vacation pictures will have to wait until the internet is fixed (and by 'fixed' I mean Tom will do what he should have done in the first place which was to buy a ligit router).

Whatev.

So anyway, just a quick update.

In my last post I was braggin' away about my TWO workouts on vacation and two was all she wrote. :/

I just loved staying up late and sleeping even later, and when it's 101 degrees and sunny by 9:00am there's just no way.

So instead of my typical cardio and strength workouts, I got my exercise by lifting a 20-pound baby, hauling beach chairs and bags to the beach, and roaming the various malls of Destin.

But I'm back in action today, because remember I am training for a very important event. A childhood friend's wedding in which I'm going to see everyone I went to high school with.

Speaking of which, I ordered a new dress for the occasion because all my other cocktail dresses are too big (good problem to have). So when we got back from vacay this little cutie was waiting for me on my doorstep:
I am still toying with the idea of adding a belt, but not sure yet. Might just keep it simple.

Overstock.com please and thank you. It is really cute and I'm fired up because I love it when you order something online and it actually FITS. Size 6 at that. *Victory*

And I got these sex pot shoes to go with it:

I decided to roll with the Almond colored ones because I have a gazillion pairs of black high heels and I thought the Almonds would be different and kind of summery.

Okay and one more thing....

I was featured on another running blog aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll the way over in sunny California. So head on over to Skinny Runner to see MORE of me since I know you don't have enough Laura in your life. :)

Tonight is back to the grind with Cocktail Dress Arms at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment