Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cravings

Happy Hump Day, Blog World!

Last night I had a great workout while chatting with my friend Emily who works at the gym. We had a great time catching up while I did:

Treadmill Sprint Intervals: 35 minutes
Legs on Fire Workout: approx. 25-30 minutes
Emily is a trainer at our local gym, and even SHE thought that my Legs on Fire workout was LEGIT. She was jealous of me that I could do it because she has bad knees.
After my workout I was craving one of these:
Have you ever craved beer after a good workout? I have heard of runners craving beer, but never really experienced it until last night. Tom's favorite beer...a Stella...was calling my name from the depths of the fridge.
Tom had his monthly fire meeting last night, so I was on my own for dinner. You'll never guess what I was craving to EAT for dinner.....that's right....yall know me so well.....something involving tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and my basil love.
Last night it was a carbo-loaded whole-wheat pasta! Yes, I do realize this is the THIRD tomato-mozz-basil recipe this week. And it's only Wednesday. But it's the last one, I promise. And it's a goody.
Of course last night, Reba helped. She is a little down-in-the-dumps because her boyfriend went home yesterday, but more on that later.
I threw together my pasta, mozz and goat cheese, and some jarred marinara sauce (hey....don't judge on the Kroger brand. We're low-maintenance, and low-budget around here).

M+B=LOVE 4EVA
and...um....I need to confess that I bought a POUND of hunky mozz about a week ago and it is now gone. I have eaten it all. By myself.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, cook your pasta and heat up some sauce.
When pasta is done, drain it and pour it into an oven-safe dish or bowl. Toss with sauce. I added some fresh basil at this point.
Top with Hunky Mozz and Crumbled Goat. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Top with Basil Love.
Seriously? Seriously.
Tom was missing out because this was way better than some whonky steak at the fire house.
I ate half, and will have the other half for lunch today. Noon can't get here soon enough!
Last night I could *totally* feel the effects of my Monday swim. My shoulders and triceps were a little sore, and so were my gluts. I love feeling a little sore (like, sore in a good way) because that means CHANGE IS TAKING PLACE.
This morning was another great gym workout. It's just been too darn hot around here to do anything outside. So I did:
5 mile treadmill run: 50 minutes
Cocktail Dress Arms: approx. 30 minutes
Both of which felt *amazing.*
I wanted to mention that at this point, I do three circuits of the arm exercises in Cocktail Dress Arms, then do two circuits of the abs. If you need to do more or less, just alter it to your fitness level.
Well that's all for now, girls. I hope your Wednesday is going great. We're half way to the weekend!
Hugs....

No comments:

Post a Comment