Friday, August 20, 2010

Workin' for the Weekend...

Good Morning Blogosphere.

It's Friday, loves, which means I'm in a good mood.

Last night was an *awesome,* sweat-fest at the gym.

The gym was Sweat City. I was the Mayor. ha!

It felt great, here's what I did:

  • 2 mile treadmill run: 20 minutes
  • 20 minutes on ArcTrainer
  • 20 minutes on StairMaster
  • Calorie Shred Workout (sans abs-I was exhausted!): 15 minutes
I have been loving the StairMaster lately because it tells you howmany 'stairs' and 'floors' you've climed. Last night that 20 minutes got me up 68 flights of stairs!
I think that in real life it would take way longer to go up 68 flights of stairs but whatev.
Then this morning Bex and I did a fiver outside:
  • 5 mile outdoor run: about an hour
This was a slow, sweaty, humid run. It reminded me a lot of this run, about a year ago (and the subject of my very first blog post!).
Because I stupidly did a hard-core workout last night, the run was really hard this morning. I find that when I workout after work one day, and then get up early and workout before work the next, I always wind up feeling fatigued.
So this morning's run was a mental battle because physically I was NOT feeling good. Every time I wanted to take a walk break I thought,

"Bex is running alongside me and she is pregnant. Get over yourself."
"Oh look, there's Mr. Neil out for his morning walk. He is 92 years old."
No excuses for this non-pregnant-27-year-old-spring-chick.
Then I began to just run because my legs worked, and ran to glorify God. To make Him proud. That's what got me through that last mile and a half. So there you have it: five torturous miles, no walk breaks.
Anyway, I am so *fired up* about this weekend because I have a lot of fun things planned in Memphis with this Hunk-A-Burnin' Love:
Get it...Memphis...Hunka Burnin' Love...it's an Elvis song...hee hee.

This afternoon I am meeting Tom at one of my FAVORITE hotels in the world, the Peabody in Memphis! He is there for a corn meeting today, and the company is treating everyone and their wives to a night at the hotel and a Memphis Redbirds game!
I have not posted many pictures lately so this is whatcha get for now.

Then on Saturday we are going to bop around down town....eat somewhere good....have a ouple beers and just do whatever we want to do! Saturday night we've extend our stay to go out to a fancy-schmancy steak dinner at Folk's Folly. What's the big occasion, you ask?

Well, on Monday August 23rd we will celebrate two perfectly-conflict-free (um, not exactly) years of marriage!! Although all relationships have their ups and downs, being married is way easier than I thought it would be. But I'll talk more about that next week when I report on the weekend with a mushy-gushy love post about my awesome hubbs.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Smile...it's FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment