Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Guy

Good Morning everyone!

Contrary to the usual, I am actually in a good mood on this Monday morning. I think it was because I had a great, restful weekend, a good workout this morning, and today is our anniversary!!!

The big 0-2! ha ha.....

(For the full story on how we met/dated/got married click HERE)

In the summer of 2006 my friend Myra invited me to a 'Sip-n-Slide' party at her house (yes it is as fun as it sounds). To my delight her Super-Hunky Brother was there frying catfish for the whole group.
You can clearly see by this picture why he fell in love with me so easily. I was having such a good hair day and all.....

A few months later I made the trip with Myra to Tunica for a song writers night she was putting on and guess who was there....
....the Hunky Brother from that fun summer day.

After that weekend, he made a trip to Nashville....
....I made a trip to Tunica
And six months later....
...all those weekend trips and long talks on the phone were going to come to an end!!!! The Hunky Brother was MINE! :)

After a party-hardy wedding, The Big Move to Tunica, a dreamy honeymoon...two years later here we are, celebrating two wonderful years together!
Being married has come so easily to us....Tom is a wonderful provider, protector,
and a leader in our home. He is just a good MAN! He is the whole package...the type of person I always imagined I would marry.
I am so thankful for him, and for our life together. The past two years have been so much fun, I can't wait to see what God has in store for us, and for our family as we grow together.
To celebrate our anniversary, we were in Memphis all weekend and stayed at the Peabody!!!The lovely lobby
Love these little guys....this one was snoozing while standing on one leg in the lobby fountain. Crazy Quacker.
On Saturday morning we got up and went to this RIDICULOUS place for breakfast called Brother Junipers. It was awesome, and I had an omlette the size of a basketball.Fortified after a big breakfast, we spent the day shopping and met up with one of Tom's old fraternity brothers for lunch (well, it was more of a snack for us....we were still so full from Omlette City!).
Saturday night we got all fancied up for our anniversary dinner. Here I am waiting for Tom to finish getting ready."Gah what's taking you so long?" Such a prima donna.

Have a drink at the lobby bar before heading to dinner:
Okay yall are gonna kill me because I didn't take any pictures at our big anniversary dinner. But I will tell you it was A. MAZE. ING.
Seriously the best steak/shrimp/potatoes/wine...all of it....I have ever put in my mouth. No counting points for this dinner! We were there to celebrate.
Tom had made the reservation and gotten us a tiny private dining room for two. It was lovely and romantic. :)
After dinner we headed downtown to have a drink with one of my friends who was celebrating her 25th birthday with a masquerade-style party. Here we are with Shannon and Melody:
Crazy girls...love them.
Us wild and crazy kids were back at the hotel, in bed, and watching Larry King Live by 11pm. What a night! Ha!
Yesterday was a day-o-napping on the couch and doing laundry. Very restful and perfect.
After such a relaxing Sunday I got up this morning for a great workout:
4 mile outdoor run: about 45 minutes
Legs on Fire Workout: about 25 mintues
Then, before work I went by Tom's office to surprise him with a breakfast sandwich and a happy anniversary card. What a good wifey I am!
Enjoy your Monday everyone! In celebration of my anniversary, please give your husband or boyfriend or dog an extra kiss today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment