Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Cooking

The dredded Monday rears it's ugly head again! Booooooo for Mondays!

I am especially sad this Monday because with the coming of Monday means the leaving of my Mommy! We had a great weekend together and neither of us wanted Monday morning to come!

On Saturday we went all around town picking out tiles, fabrics, ideas for our new bathroom! Tom and I decided to renovate our bathroom, so I'll update on that later when we have more progress to report.
Saturday night was Mexican for dinner with Tom, and Sunday we had our Sunday morning pancakes made by a one Mr. Tom Withers. Here are our favorite toppings...blueberries, strawberries, and chocolate chips!
Here is Tom....deep in thought over the quest for the Perfect Pancake. He is a very serious pancake-cooker and only makes one at a time. Such a perfectionist. :)

He made one of each kind for me and mom, then made one grandaddy pancake for himself with everything in it:
So proud...I love this picture!
All dressed up with full bellies, ready for church. Me and my beautiful mom!

Sunday night was our turn to cook. I had gotten my mom a wonderful Pasta Cookbook in order to get her in the mood for a big trip to Italy she is taking with my aunt later in the month.

So we picked a recipe and made it for dinner on Sunday night. I am not going to give yall this recipe because it's soooooo bad for you! ha! But we couldn't resist...we were on 'vacation' after all and wanted to behave like true Italians.

Helen, slavin' over the stove:
Gotta love a messy kitchen!
A post-nap, make-up-less Laura working on the sauce:
The finished product...a plate full of creamy/sausage-y/carby goodness. Sooooooo rich and filling but worth all the calories for some quality time in the kitchen my mama!
It was a great weekend of cooking and relaxing, now back to our regularly scheduled program of workouts and eating right!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment