Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Crazy Week, Crazy Girls

Sooooooo my life is finally starting to calm down a little! As I mentioned yesterday, I have been feeling all out of sorts simply because my normal routine was disrupted as a result of working crazy hours this past week.


But now I'm back into a normal(ish) routine and able to get my groove on with life in general, working out, eating well, etc.

On Wednesday night I had some of the Real Housewives of Tunica County over for drinks and eats. We have a lot of fun new girls in town, so we did a little meet and greet.

When I was the new girl in town, I loved going to other girls houses, making new friends, all that good stuff. So many of the girls welcomed me with open arms when I moved to Tunica, so I wanted to pay it forward.

Sara, Lindsey, Emily, and Lauren chatting and enjoying wine in our kitchen!



Erin, Shannon, and Jen


Love all these crazy girls. I was laughing because my friend Erin, on the far left, is my next door neighbor and we literally share our homes with each other. Anytime someone would say, "Laura, do you have any....?" or "Hey Laura, where's the....?" I would say, "Oh, just go in the kitchen and tell Erin you need that." She was my co-hostess in crime and I appreciate her so much!

I made lots of delicious goodies for the evening, and I wanted to share one recipe with yall.

Enter....

Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas!!!

(I gotta give credit to girl Martha Stewart for this recipe, I saw her make them on The Today Show and had to try it for myself!)

Ingredients (yeilds 18 pizzas):
  • Cooking spray
  • 2 rolls of refridgerated, uncooked pizza dough
  • 2 large tomatoes, chopped
  • shredded mozzerella cheese
  • pepperoni (or toppings of your choice)

First, roll out your pizza dough and cut the dough into large circles. Big enough to put in muffin tins. I used a measuring cup as my 'template' to ensure all the circles were close to the same size.





Next, spray your muffin tins liberally with cooking spray. Press the dough circles into the tins, so a little hangs over the edge (makes the pizzas a lot easier to get out this way).Fill the dough with chopped tomatoesTop with cheese, pepperoni, whatever toppings you love on your pizza!

Bake at 425 for 12 minutes and....voila!!!

photo credit here

Crazy me forgot to take a picture of the finished product because by the time they came out of the oven many of the girls were at my house and I was distracted by trying to be a good hostess! So the picture above is from another website but that's exactly what they look like when they're out of the tins.

So cute and yummy, yes?

This would be a cute and fun dish to make for the kiddos because they can help in the kitchen, filling the little tins with their favorite pizza toppings. They were really good and everyone loved them!

I also made homemade flatbread chips, which I think I've posted about before. You just cut up your pitas or flatbread
Arrange on a cookie sheet, and brush with olive oil

Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice...I used oregano and garlic salt. Cook at 350 for about 12 minutes or until chips are crispy.
I served the homemade flatbread chips with a Marinara Goat Cheese dip I got off of the Fitnessista's website. It was sooooooo good and healthy, too!

This marinara dip is awesome, but the only difference I would recommend is instead of a big hunk of goat cheese in the middle, slice the goat cheese (thick slices) and layer on the top of the marinara. That way every bite has some heavenly goat cheese in it!
photo credit fitnessista.com

I baked mine for about 15 mintues on 450 and it got nice and crispy on the edges, and the goat cheese was bubbly and DE. LISH. OUS. Try it. You're welcome in advance. :)

After the craziness of this week, this is how I hope to spend my weekend:
Just add a little TOM to this picture and I'll be good to go!

Other than a 5K tomorrow, I have no plans for the weekend and I am THRILLED!

Happy Friday Blogaritas...only 6.5 hours 'til the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment