Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Brief Blog Break

Hi bloggies.

I come to y'all today with a wet face and a heavy heart. I really debated writing this post but want to reach out to you for prayers and positive thoughts.

So here goes...I am going to give you the short version of this story because it is very hard to write and talk about.

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon at work from Tom. He had just gotten news that one of his childhood friends, Parker Graves, had been killed in a car accident. Parker was a big part of many lives.

He was from a large Tunica family, and owned a local business. He was in our wedding, and lived right down the street from us.

So yesterday afternoon was a whirlwind of questions, crying, and lots of hugging. Tom is taking it okay...being his usual care-taker self and doing anything he can for Parker's two brothers, parents, and his wife and four-year-old daughter.

In a town like Tunica, when there is something worth celebrating OR mourning, the whole town joins in. I know it is so hard for them right now, but my prayer for the Graves family is that they can feel all the love and positive energy that is surrounding them right now through the community of Tunica. We really need to lift them up to the Lord in a time like this, and put their grieving family in His hands.

Please pray for my sweet friends as they go through this hard time. All this being said, I'll be MIA for a few days. But will be back soon.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment