Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hi My Name is Laura....

...and I'm an addict.

A lip gloss addict.

Yes, it's true.

Whew that felt good....admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, after all.

Last night I had to face the cold hard truth that I have a serious problem. Please send help. Or info on the nearest LGAA meeting (Lip Gloss Addicts Anonymous).

Here is a picture of the lip gloss I threw away last night.
Yes, you're seeing that right. There's 21 tubes there. Some I have had since college. GA-ROSS!

And I weeded out all the good, newer ones and kept them.
Only 14 tubes. Then I found two of my favorites in my purse. So 16.

So until yesterday I was in the possesion of 37 tubes of lip gloss which is just plain ridiculous. At an average of $8 per tube that's like almost $300!!!! RIDIC.

Back to more serious matters....

I have a 6-mile treadmill run planned for tonight. I usually don't like anything longer than a 4-miler on the treadmill but we are having a contest at the gym and I need to get my name on the board!

The contest is called the 100,000 Calorie Burn Challenge. The first participant to burn 100,000 wins some rinky-dink prize. I am not concerned with winning the prize, but want to at least show up on the board since I signed up and all.

So six miles should be me at least 600 calories, then a planned arm workout should bump it up some, too. I'll let you know how it goes!

Does your gym do any fun challenges like this? Ours always has something going on and it makes it fun to switch up your normal routine for a little competition.

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment