Monday, September 13, 2010

Tuesday Recipe

Happy Tuesday Blogettes!

I had a good Monday (which as you know is rare for me) and I think it was because of my awesome weekend. Still on cloud nine from such a great experience.

Last night I went for a swim and it was soooooooo good! I was shocked since swimming is pretty much my least-favorite exercise ever. I can totally feel it in my arms today and I love that.

This morning I stayed true to The Page and went for a 5 miler outside. Omigah yall it was like 62 degrees when I started and it was AWESOME!!!! I was so fired up when I stepped outside, and had a great run. Completed the 5 miles in 54:35 which is a 10:54 pace. I was pleased with this because it is an improvement from my previous 5-mile run.

Also, for those of you who care, I have switched my Leg Workouts from Tuesday to Monday. On Tuesday when I'm done running, my legs are fatigued and doing a leg workout would do more harm then good. So from now I'll be doing legs after my swim on Monday nights.

For dinner last night I planned a healthy pasta and chicken supper and it was so good I just had to share the recipe!

Garlic Zucchini Pasta (serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • Fettuccini
  • 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 Zucchini
  • 1/3 cup dairy of your choice*
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese
  • S&P to taste

*I wanted to use regular 1% milk but we didn't have any (grocery day today!) so I had to use heavy cream, which makes it less figure-friendly. Just use whatever you have on hand that is the lowest in fat and calories.

1. Go ahead and get your noodles started in some boiling water. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until your kitchen smells like Garlic Heaven.2. While garlic is heating, grate your zucchini with a box grater like this, just like you would some cheese:
When you're done the zucchini it will look like green confetti!3. Next, add cream to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir, and reduce heat to low. Add cheese and about 1/4 cup of water from your pasta pot. The starchy cooking water will had some 'umph' to the sauce.4. Next, add your zucchini to the sauce and stir to combine and heat through.


5. When pasta is done, drain it in a colander and add cooked pasta to the sauce. Turn off heat and toss to combine.The finished product will look like this!I served it with chicken breast on the George Foreman and garlic bread. I love this side dish because it's like two sides in one....carbs and veggies together! So easy, too.


Okay so as we all know, Fall is upon us.

At our house, Fall means hunting season and BEARD season. Tom grows a beard every year from October 1st to February 1st. Let me just tell you that February 2nd is one of my favorite days of the year! He also does not cut his hair during this time. Which is actually fine with me because he has beautiful thick, curly hair when it gets long.

This year, dispite my protesting, Tom started beard season on September 1st. I'm not sure why. But on the blog I wanted to document the Life of Tom's Beard this year. More for me, really, than for you readers!

So this is how we started:Precious, sweet, baby face.

And now, two weeks in, we are here:

Tom totally missed his calling as a model, no? So I hope yall enjoy our journey from Baby Face to Grizzly Adams come February 1st. Ha!
And of course no post would be complete without a little Reba in it. Tom ordered her a new bed from his favorite place on the planet, Cabela's. I tried it out to make sure it was good enough for my angel princess baby.It was.

She loves it! Look at that little goofer. Isn't she just too much? You can't really tell in the picture but the bed is a houndstooth pattern...you know, to pay homage to my Bama roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment