Sunday, January 16, 2011

Redemption Run

Happy Monday everyone!

Hope your week is off to a great start. It is rainy and gloomy here but I am in a pretty good mood because of my wonderful Redemption Run yesterday!

After having an off-week last week, I needed to redeem myself yesterday. So, after a huge breakfast and some down time with Tom, I hit the road.

I did 4 miles quickly by myself and it felt amazing. I don't know what it was about the run but it was just one of those perfect runs. I felt great the entire time and stayed at a steady clip with no breaks. Afterwards, I swung back by the house to get Reba.

She gets sooooooo very excited when she sees me break out the leash. She is so giddy she will not hold still long enough for me to put the collar on her....then I have to ruin her moment of elation by screaming at her to SIT!!!!!

Then we hit the road and she is happy again. We had a wonderful time on our mommy/daughter run during which she dislocated my shoulder no less than seven times. She has her good days and her bad days on the leash.

I am learning to give her time at the beginning of our walk to stop, stiff around, pee, stiff around some more, for about half a mile. Then, I'll shorten the leash and make her run beside me and she does much better when our pace is faster.

We made it two more miles for a total of 6 miles yesterday! It felt sooooooo good. During the run I wore this super-stylish top I got from the $10 man at the St. Jude Expo:
Goofy? Yes.
Comfortable? Double yes.

After the run I was completely redeemed of my bad week last week. :)

Tonight I am going to hit the gym for week three of January Resolutions by doing some low-impact cardio. My hip is nagging me a little bit this morning.

Rewinding to Saturday....

I got to spend the day with Sara Whit and Lilly doing some shopping! Sara Whit and I love to go to fabric stores together. She was shopping for some fabric to cover a couch for their new playroom, and I was just picking up a few things to get some practicing in on my sewing machine.

When they picked me up Little Lils was fast asleep in the car:
Sara Whit ran into a store and I stayed in the car. Lilly woke up while we were waiting on her mama.
Aunt La La, what are you doing here? Do you like my crazy hair?
Oh, you have your camera. Take a picture of my crazy hair. You funny, La La.
Okay, enough with the pictures. Take me to lunch.
Her hair was makin' me laugh when she woke up. Such a stinker.
After finding some good deals on fabric, my dining room has been taken over by this little hobby!
No worries, though, because we hardly ever use the dining room anyway.
I found a lot of great deals on fabrics....I have been shopping in the 'remnants' piles at fabric stores and getting some really great deals!
I also bought some grosgrain ribbon online at PaperMart (such an awesome site if you're into that sort of thing). In stores, this ribbon is $5/12 yards. On this site, I was able to get it $4/50 yards. Such a deal!
I am very much a beginner, so the only thing I can really do is sew in a straight line. And a ruffle is as fancy as it gets. I used this tutorial to learn how to make these little embellished dishtowels.

I think they turned out cute.

I still have a lot to learn but every time I sit at my sewing machine I try something new. I have ruined quite a few things but that's all part of the process. *AND* I'm having fun using my new camera to boot!
So there's my weekend in a nutshell....shopping, running, sewing.
Hope everyone has a great week, and remember to not let the 'catfish' in your life get to you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment